This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE5 on the rings feedback + Advice

Started by Maxreves, January 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 131 Views

Maxreves

Hi Guys,

 

Yesterday was my first day on the 5th "level" of foundation one. HBP/PE5 is supposed to be done on parallel bars, ... but since I don't have bars I decided to do it on the rings (see video).

 

https://youtu.be/fkcmXrtKM04

 

Does anyone have any advice/feedback as to: 

  • my form (feels like I should be going deeper)
  • how to protect my writs. Is that how I'm supposed to be holding the rings?

 

Thanks for the help!

Max

vannybute

Training with rings is neither safe nor productive for a beginner. If you don't have parallel bars, you can use chairs, or the equipment at the gym. But not rings.

Maxreves

Thank you for replying. I will try to figure out some other way (I have only one chair and no gym).

Vytautas Pilkauskas

A chair next to the kitchen table or a windowsill or whatever similar works well.