This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2+iM Question+Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, January 18, 2016 · 6 Replies · 202 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys,

 

How my form at both exercises? I completed 3X24r

I'm also concerned to loose capacity at bHBH because it took me over a year to achieve mastery.

 

Would you say it is fine to do an extra practice(Extra = 3-4sets of FL/PE1 or 3) straight after FL/PE2 sets are completed? Or should this extra work be done after all the other elements(sPL;HBP;RC) are finished?

 

Any advice is highly appreciated :)

Itamar sha'ashuaS

You need more hollow on the PE, in order to make the roll smoother. cave your chest in, contract your core and glutes. right now your roll is pretty bumpy..

iM looks good, you can try to hold your head in line with the body (face to ceiling)

trw

Yeah, more hollow in the thoracic area might smooth out the roll. But it actually doesn't look too bad to me. Thing is the mat you use is always shifting back and forth underneath you. Can you use something else? I think a non-shifting surface would allow you to get a better feel for this exercise.

 

You can put a set of bent hollow hold in your warmup to hold onto it. If you want even more hold practice I'd say put it at the end of your workout.

HB_Ron

Trw, the mat was moving in the first video because I was bumping for some reason. And it's the only mat I've got because the gym's mat absorbs my rocking motion...

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm not planning on adding a WU set of bHBH before bHBR because it might ruin my rocks. I'll perform a few sets of 60s after workout then.

Anyway, here's a new attempt How's it now? 

Jon Douglas

If you're bumping, there's a straight line somewhere in the curve of your back :) I can't see the video from where I am posting now, but it may also be because you are swinging with your legs some. Make the motion more subtle :)

HB_Ron
Jon Douglas said:

...there's a straight line somewhere in the curve of your back...

Thanks for the great tip Jon! :)

 

I'd still be glad to have some critic on my 2nd attempt guys. I was not bumping and was not using my feet for momentum 

trw

Looks good to me. The mat is definitely shifting, and not because of form issues, but if that doesn't bother you then no problem. Would bother the hell out of me. I still think it's worth trying on a different surface so you can get a better feel for a smooth roll. You don't have a carpeted floor anywhere?

 

iM's good too, but try keeping you neck more in line with the rest of the spine, meaning head back.