This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Green Smoothies

Started by Jason Bosch, January 17, 2016 · 6 Replies · 325 Views

Jason Bosch

I just wanted to check if a green smoothie is acceptable for breakfast. I have one 3 or 4 times a week. What it typically consists of is 1 cup of coconut milk mixed with water, a mandarin orange, a large carrot, a banana, 3 cups mixed greens, 1 tbs chia seeds, 1 tbs ground flax seed, 1 scoop of Sunwarrior vegan vanilla protein powder, and 1/3 cup frozen pineapple. The coconut milk has a decent amount of fat. Just in case though, I've been eating a couple eggs as well just in case. Thanks for the info! I'm enjoying the course so far.

Jeff Serven

Hi Jason, 

 

In regards to a fat, yes full fat coconut milk counts. Eggs as well.

Jason Bosch

Awesome, thanks Jeff!

Barb_92

Green smoothis is a good idea! :)

Jeff Serven

Green drinks are good but make sure it is actually a green drink not a bunch of stuff with spinach pixi dust sprinkled on top. Two handfuls of spinach or kale per glass is minimum to be called a green drink 

vinca_minor

*puts the mint chocolate chip ice cream back in the freezer*

Jason Bosch

I've been drinking these for for a couple years now. I always have a minimum of 3-4 cups of dark leafy greens. The recipe I listed above is my standard one. I don't think it has a crazy amount of fruit. It does still sweeten up fairly well though.