This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretch Series Questions...

Started by Jeffrey Schrank, January 17, 2016 · 4 Replies · 328 Views

Jeffrey Schrank

Hey guys, I am new to GB and have quite a few questions that I could not find answers for in the forum.

 

I have a background in Olympic Weightlifting and Crossfit. I am used to training multiple times a day, multiple times a week. But, I have decided to give this a solid run as I see its benefit long term.

 

Anyways, my current schedule is Foundation 1 on M/W/F and Handstand 1 Tu/Th/Sa. With a routine such as this, and considering Coach Sommer's recommendation to not do the stretch series more than 1x per week, is there a specific day that you guys recommend for doing each one? For example, Foundation 1 days do Ms/Fs and on Handstand 1 days do Tb?

 

Also, having a background where I did heavy squats almost daily, my legs have become quite large and it is difficult to keep my knees together on certain movements. Does anyone else that this problem?

 

Lastly, if implementing the Jefferson Curl and Weight Dislocates, how would you go about doing so with the above schedule. Thanks!

trw

Up to you how to schedule the stretches. After a workout is nice because you'll be warm but that doesn't always work time-wise. I like to put Thoracic course on days I'm already hitting upper body to maximize rest on off days. It's almost a strength workout for me, I can't even do the last elements.

J curl and dislocated are already programmed but if you want more I say add it to the end of a workout, 2x a week each, start light.

Dunno about the knees, which movements?

Jeffrey Schrank

Thanks for the advice! I'm with you on the maximize rest days. I too cannot do the last elements for Thoracic.

 

Are the J curl and dislocates in the Foundations? Which one specifically?

 

As for the knees, I have trouble with the reverse table hold. When trying to extend my hips to the ceiling my quads flex and it's impossible to keep the knees together.

trw

Jefferson Curls are in Foundation and dislocates in Handstand. Just look ahead. J curls are literally step two in manna mobility. If you're not there yet don't worry too much about it. Instead of adding things left and right, maybe study the courses you have a little more and focus on where you're at. You already paid for the answer to that question.

 

Can't say about the knees, maybe you're pushing hips too high, maybe you're just very tight. Best thing to do is film a form check and post it for feedback.

Jeffrey Schrank

Sounds good man thanks