This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Workout log 1st attempt

Started by Alexander Egebak, January 16, 2016 · 3 Replies · 11 Views

Alexander Egebak

Monday / Thursday (strength day / bridge day):

 

Warmup:

 

- 2-5 min. of rope skipping

- 1-2 sets of handstand practice

 

Strength and mobility work:

 

- 3 x 8 WDS 7.5 kg / seiza

- 4 x 6-7r ground rows / tailor pose

- 4 x 6-8r push ups / pec minor supine stretch

- 3 x 6r elbow twists / standing weighted oblique stretches

- 3 x 2 x 5r around-the-worlds / 30s deadhangs

- 3 x 30s reverse plank / 3 x 3r x 10s weighted shoulder flex pulls

- 3 x 3 SLS / 3 x 5 skiers

- 3 x 30s plank / 3 x 2 x 15s wrist stretches

 

Bridge flexibility and shoulder flexibility:

 

- 3 x 30s lying shoulder extensions / 30s pec minor supine stretch

- 3 x 30s yoga ball thoracic spine stretch / 3 x 20s thoracic bending

- 3 x 30s seal stretch / 3 x 30s stall bar cat stretch

- 3 x 30s hip flexor stretch, each leg

- 3 x 10s full bridge attempt

 

 

Tuesday / Friday (Handstand / lower body mobility day):

 

Warm up:

 

- Rope skipping 2-5 min.

- Wrist stretches 5 min.

- Wrist exercises: 5-10 min.

 

Skill training and bodyline work:

 

- 3 x 30s tripod / 3 x 10s seated bar shoulder flexions

- 3 x 30s prone bar flexions / 3 x 10s standing shoulder extensions

- 1 x 30s wall handstand

- 3 x 30s HBH

- 3 x 5r plank press

 

Pancake / pike stretching:

 

- 3 x 30s standing straddle / 3 x 60s standing pike

- 3 x 30s stall bar straddle stretch / 3 x 5r JC

- 3 x 30s pancake dumbell stretch / 3 x 30s hip flexor stretch

- 3 x 10s straddle leg lifts

- 3 x 10s pike leg lifts

Alexander Egebak

Monday 18/1/16

 

Feeling somewhat dizzy when I did my first set of standing weighted oblique stretches. Probably due to me not having consumed enough water, perhaps also sugar. I small water break and things solved itself. REMEMBER TO DRINK, and also bring a piece of fruit.

 

Mixed up the mobility elements and the order of the strength elements, better remember it next time. WDS first.

 

Also bumped those up to 10kg with 3 x 8.

 

Rows were 4 x 7, with a little less rom on the last set.

 

Elbow twists were easy today.

 

Reverse planks were way harder than I imagined 3 x 15s was enough and I began to feel it in my lower back.

 

Around-the-worlds, the range of motion improved.

 

Planks are harder than I imagined, must build up endurance strength, NO FROG STANDS!

 

Warm ups with headstands went better than expected.

 

Consider moving weighted shoulder flex pulls somewhere else. They are too rough.

 

Full bridge was decent, but I have to find a way not to make my feet slide.

Alexander Egebak

Tuesday 19/1/16

 

Felt good throughout the entire workout which was also shorter than yesterday's workout.

 

Have very bad range of motion on the seated bar shoulder flexions. Need to step that one up.

 

Generally all the skill work went worse than expected which could be due to that month-long break I took because of wrist bursitis. Tripods felt good and somewhat stable though.

 

Headstands still interfere with my neck and create too much tightness. I might need to downgrade the volume to 1 tripod and 1 headstand max.

 

Standing weighted shoulder extensions were rough and I had less strength and mobility than last time. I probably need to have all my shoulder extension work in a single workout.

 

I did full HBH and they went better than expected although having my arms by my ears aggravates my neck.

 

I skipped the pike compression drill. Next time I have to do it.

 

I had decent rom on my straddle leg lifts.

 

I found that spending longer time in the pancake dumbbell stretches continued to give me better range of motion. I need to spend more time in these. Dumbbell substituted with the stall bars to grab.

 

I still have problems with my ankle on the straddle stand once it widens up.

 

I forget the plank press at first, but did it after my stretching. It went quite well.

Alexander Egebak

Thursday 21/1/16

 

I very tiring workout.

 

I had an impressive wall handstand today. Wrists were very close to the bars and I could almost kick out, but only almost.

 

I felt slightly dizzy at the deadhangs but had increased range of motion in them. I also had trouble with my left ear which my "fragile crunchy sounds" at times. I forgot planks so I took them at the end of the flexibility workout.

 

3 x 8 push ups this time. I am continuing to add reps for some time, at least until my wrists are fixed. I was able to lean a bit in with my planks. It seems like the wrists are soon close to normal again. Remember to do the pec minor stretch correctly. It is very effective too.

 

Reverse planks went way better today. Perhaps this is due to nervous adaptions being made. I pair these with swivel hips now.

 

SLS also went better. Ankles are getting better and better. Skiers increased dept.

 

Stretching went well, not much to say there.