This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge Form Check And a Question

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, January 15, 2016 · 3 Replies · 255 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi,

 

So yesterday I did this series and came to realize that I don't feel any stretch anywhere when doing Elevated TB hold and only little tension in upper back in a regular bridge. Just shoulders are getting tired when approaching 60 seconds mark, hence the regular bridge form check to ask for the evaluation.

 

However, I can only do 2 full ROM Elevated TB Push Ups and none of Hip Taps. When in a regular bridge, I don't have any problems with doing 10 reps of each.

What to do? Build strength in elevated TB or continue regular bridge work (assuming the form is good)?

 

Thank you, GB :)

 

Anthony Nip

Hey, which exercise helped you the most to get your bridge to where it is now? Shame nobody answered your question.

Alessandro Mainente

With you level of bridge you should do bridge and nothing more, for future long therm goal the last IM of FrontLever Foundation 4.

Anthony the best exercise is consistency. 

 

Vytautas Pilkauskas
On 3/26/2016 at 4:57 AM, Anthony Nip said:

Hey, which exercise helped you the most to get your bridge to where it is now? Shame nobody answered your question.

Hi, I can't give you a definite answer to that. I know that my shoulder and thoracic spine mobility is something I naturally preserved throughout my whole life. However, I am lacking strength in certain areas of both. It is the most difficult stretching routine for me so it clearly indicates that I am improving. I think you should just follow it and it will all settle because our experiences with this particular area will differ from exercise to exercise.

 

Thank you, Alex.