What to do? The gym I go-to isn't a great option for tumbling and so I prefer to do them at home, however, at most I can link up two forward tuck rolls together before I hit a wall. Is it acceptable to do two rolls turn and repeat until all sets have been accomplished? I suppose I could go to a park and do it there. The only issue, however, is that the park is lacking matting for the backward tumbles and it's in the teens in fahrenheit. If interrupting my set as I have described isn't acceptable, dealing with the weather isn't too great a challenge. Just wondering what the official word is. I also realize that once I progress to other elements my apartment will no longer even be an option (can't well do a pirouette with a low-hanging ceiling fan, etc.)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Space limitations
Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, January 14, 2016 · 5 Replies · 263 Views
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:... Is it acceptable to do two rolls turn and repeat until all sets have been accomplished? ...
Absolutely.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Good to know. I wasn't sure if they had to be consecutive in the sense that you would just keep going without the minor directional change. Were that to be the case I would have ended hitting a wall literally and figuratively. Thanks.
Maybe when you get good, you can invent an integrated roll where you roll forward twice, roll backward once and roll forward
.
Digging up an older post that relates to my questions (for those of you who have been working on Movement for a while). I can only work out at home for the sake of efficient 'time management' (I work, have a three-year old running around and am also studying practically full-time). Working out at home means that I have severe space constraints. I am okay with that and I know that at some point in time I won't be able to progress in the Movement series until I have more room to practice in. No problem.
My questions - what level were you able to reach with the various elements before you could not safely train in your living rooms anymore and how did you optimize your Movement workout? Thanks a lot!
I think that you need more space when training the backward roll plus pivot etc. so the bonus part.