This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Lever Mid Back Pain

Started by Vikas Agartha, January 14, 2016 · 1 Replies · 215 Views

Vikas Agartha

Hi all,

 

I have been progressing pretty well with the FL progressions, especially after FL/SE4 which I was stuck on for a while. I was on FL/SE 8 (straddle front lever) when I started to notice some mid back pain, in the between the bottom left corner of my right rotator cuff and the spine. Some quick Googling told me that it is likely the latissimus dorsi and that others have also experienced this pain from FL. When the pain started, I backed off for 2 weeks and came back to try it again today, but the pain persisted. It feels fine when I'm in the hold, but spikes as I lower down. The same pain occurs if I retract and depress my shoulders.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and/or have any ideas? I'm backing off temporarily, but are there any exercises/mobility drills help alleviate the pain?

 

Thanks,

Vikas

Coach Sommer

Drop all the way down to Week 11 SE1. If that goes well, then you may proceed the next week to Week 11 SE2. Then Week 11 SE3. Then Week 11 SE4.

If Week 11SE1 is too demanding, then drop down as far into the PEs as necessary until you find an element that you painfree when performing and begin rebuilding from there.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer