A friend of mine brought with his camera friday cause he wasn´t going to do gymnastics due to an injury. He took a lot of pictures, I´ve only got 7 of them for now. But one of them was of me doing a straddle planche. I´m realy working on this skill because I can gain a lot of points with it in a competition. But on the picture of me doing it I can see that my that my shoulder blades are not in the correct position. Now I ma able to fairly well in keeping my hips straight but not with getting my arms straight anymore. Could that be because of what I am doing with my shoulder blades?
straddle planche mistake
Started by Aviv, October 13, 2009 · 1 Replies · 1,681 Views
Nope, they are two separate mistakes.
Go back to adv. tuck planche and work on protracting the scapulas and keeping the arms straight.
If you cannot do this, go back to tuck planche.
You are only stunting your own strength growth if you try to progress fast with incorrect technique.