This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about SSC(Steady State Cycle)

Started by moorz, January 13, 2016 · 1 Replies · 158 Views

moorz

Quick simple question regarding SSC please.

 

Actually, this SSC does not fall into Foundation but BTGB, so I am posting it on 'getting started' board.

 

 

 

SSC in BTGB says that set time for each work should be 50% of our maxiam capacity.

 

 

What I wonder here is that

 

Umm,

For example, we should be able to do hollow body position for 5sets * 60 seconds.

 

If my maxiam hold for the position is 60 seconds, but still, 60 seconds seem somewhat challenging to me,

(Being able to hold for 60seconds with perfect form but feeling like it is a bit exhausting)

then what should be my set time? Is it going to be 30 seconds which is half of 60 seconds?

or do I just keep work on 60 seconds?

 

 

Thank you.

Jon Douglas

Steady state cycles aren't really intended for these level of exercises, but in this case you would count the time ignoring 'comfort' level and objectively time a perfect form failure as the working max :)