This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progression

Started by DanielGreen, January 12, 2016 · 11 Replies · 526 Views

DanielGreen

From reading some other posts I assumed it was OK to train multiple progressions at the same time e.g. 2.1 and 2.2 etc. However looking at the workout scheduler this does not seem to be an option, do we have to achieve mastery in 2.1 before moving on to 2.2 ? Also do we have to achieve mastery in 2.1-2.6 before moving on to 3.1 etc ?

Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

The recommendations given in the course notes are to:

 

1. Work through 1.X exercises

2. Work through 2.X and 3.X exercises, and the 4.x exercises once you have enough arm strength

3. Work through 5.X and 6.X exercises

4. Work through 7.x and then 8.X exercises

5. Work through 9.X

DanielGreen

So we can do 2.1 and 3.1 and then once mastered these move on to 2.2 and 3.2 etc ?

Joshua Slocum
DanielGreen said:

So we can do 2.1 and 3.1 and then once mastered these move on to 2.2 and 3.2 etc ?

Yes

Itamar sha'ashuaS

So if I'm starting now, I need to do on my T1 workout only 2.1 and 3.1 and if those were mastered, I move to 2.2 and 3.2 next workout?

Joshua Slocum

Assuming you have finished the 1's, then yes. If you feel up to it you can even try 2.2 and 3.2 in the same workout you mastered 2.1 and 3.1.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Ahhh, so the diagnostics are to be mastered first and then move on to the rolls. That's an added component I hadn't realized (also may take the wise route and stay off 4.3/4.4 for a while as I notice that my arm strength is lacking).

Riku Calderón
On 13.1.2016 at 6:30 AM, Joshua Slocum said:

The recommendations given in the course notes are to:

 

1. Work through 1.X exercises

2. Work through 2.X and 3.X exercises, and the 4.x exercises once you have enough arm strength

3. Work through 5.X and 6.X exercises

4. Work through 7.x and then 8.X exercises

5. Work through 9.X

I´m sorry but I did really try to understand this. I think it is my english that slaps me in the face here.

So you mean that I stars your number 2 (2, 3 and 4). after all the number 1. are done. And so on?

Maksis Riley

Yeh Riku, that's right :)

 

Max

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hmm... Guess I need to give lizard crawls their due attention then and hold off on progressing past 3.3 and 4.3 

Ian Howard

I've not seen anything written about rest time for tumbling, so I'm guessing there should be no rest in between sets. For mastery 5x5r, we are basically doing 1 big set of 25 reps back to back? Just checking, thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Movement it is technical work , rest what you feel is necessary in order to avoid technical errors due to fatigue.