This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Length of an F1 Workout

Started by Stoicdad, January 12, 2016 · 3 Replies · 221 Views

Stoicdad

Hi all:

 

I've been listening through all of the podcasts Coach Sommer has done and I've heard him mention a couple of times that the Foundation workouts should take 20 minutes. I know I misheard that, but I heard it in a couple of podcasts, so I am asking here. Was Coach just talking about the mobility drills? Otherwise, I am in for a rough time since the average day of F1 takes me 45m from start to finish working on  3 or 4 of the PE skills. 

Ryan Bailey

I found an average of 39 - 52 minutes for F7 workout schedule. But I am early on in this whole thing and its a lot of endurance/work capacity building. It depends on many factors of course and what bloc someone is on.

Even a math example of a few wk 11-rep mastery schemes, say 2 elements of 5x15r, 1 element of 5x60s, shouldn`t take too long. Reality is, the reps would usually be worked lower; below wk 11 rep template which would take even less time.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I asked this, Coach clarified. The stuff we find impossible HIS athletes could knock it without a second's notice--our workout is their warmup hence the 20-minutes.

john_c

Unless you are on the very early days of each element then I would normally assign approx 10 mins per element and that is generally without any rest as well. On my deload weeks I can normally knock off between 5-10 mins per workout and I am on 3 elements per workout.