This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pHS/PE2

Started by Bro', January 11, 2016 · 7 Replies · 172 Views

Bro'

Hey guys,

 

 

 

How does this look to you? I don't think I can see anything wrong myself but I don't really feel much when doing it, so I was wondering whether I was doing something wrong or if this was just 'easy.'

Also, I know the athlete in the course video doesn't use a slider, but there's a set without it at the end. I just wanted to try it out to see if it felt any different.

 

Thanks!

Cole Dano

The key here is to use your shoulders to resist planching forward.

 

As you walk up, you need to resist with your shoulders and use that to create lift in the hips. Right now it looks like you are just riding it out, so it won't feel like much at all.

 

This and PE1 actually have a lot in common, the shoulder action should feel similar, but now with the addition of compression.

Ravn

Try lifting the feet off the floor at the top position, and hold them steady for a second before lowering.

 

That should ensure you feel the trapz working.

Bro'

Thank you both. I will try to incorporate the cues on my next H session (tomorrow).

BobH

What is meant by "resist planching forward"?  I'm trying to lean forward just slightly so that my shoulders are a little past my hands, which brings the weight off of my feet.

Ravn

It means that wrist, elbow, shoulder and hip should be on a straight line, or as close as possible. When planching, the shoulders go in front of the wrists, while the hips go behind them. Like a Planche...

BobH
Ravn said:

It means that wrist, elbow, shoulder and hip should be on a straight line, or as close as possible. When planching, the shoulders go in front of the wrists, while the hips go behind them. Like a Planche...

Ok, so that's a lot harder then.  Although I have to say, in all the videos I've seen, including the course video, no one is getting their hips over their shoulders.  Still, it's a good cue, and something to keep in mind rather than simply leaning forwards to get the feet up.

Bro'

Hey guys,

 

I was wondering why people weren't saying anything about my newer video but then I realised I had uploaded it on Youtube, but forgot to share it here. Massive brainfart.  :facepalm:

 

 

To practise self-critic, I think the planching is better, though it still happens on some reps if I don't pay enough attention. Other than that, I think getting slightly more compression would make the following PEs easier. 

 

Thanks in advance!