This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent hollow holds=HARD!

Started by Dave Wilkinson, January 10, 2016 · 31 Replies · 1,085 Views

Dave Wilkinson

Yeah Ravn the early sets are generally ok but the 4th or 5th set is pure muscular failure.

However having said that, I have really studied the bent hollow hold form again and this morning got 5x36 pretty comfortably so it pays to keep a critical eye on your form!

This is by far the hardest movement for me and suggests my core strength needs a lot of work!!

347mont, stick with the SLS/im2 they do get easier!

347mont
Dave Wilkinson said:

347mont, stick with the SLS/im2 they do get easier!

Yeah you're right. From not being able to get off the ground

I can now do 2 lol, but I'm elevating myself about 2 inches

off the ground to do 8-10 as a starting point.

Regarding FL/PE1 I'm sure it's just a matter of building

strength to get the 5x60 seconds. All in good time.

Thanks for the encouragement

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Ravn said:

For these, my brain was telling me to stop doing what I'm doing waaaay before I actually experienced muscular failure. Have you guys tried to just ignore the pain and carry on? For me, that gave pretty much instant gains.

This is so true.

Trying a hold of 90 - 100 seconds can give a huge heads up, knowing that muscle fatigue at 40 seconds mark is only a slight tickling compared to a time double of that.

Jon Douglas
Ravn said:

For these, my brain was telling me to stop doing what I'm doing waaaay before I actually experienced muscular failure. Have you guys tried to just ignore the pain and carry on? For me, that gave pretty much instant gains.

Oh so much this. In so many elements.

argle
Ravn said:

For these, my brain was telling me to stop doing what I'm doing waaaay before I actually experienced muscular failure. Have you guys tried to just ignore the pain and carry on? For me, that gave pretty much instant gains.

Yeah, same here, especially for something that blasts the core like this.  I feel like I'm gonna give myself a hernia if I push through, so it's a tough psychological barrier.

Jon Douglas

You know the rules guys.... you stop on joint pain. Hey, guess what area of your body doesn't have any joints! :D

gohei_
Jon Douglas said:

You know the rules guys.... you stop on joint pain. Hey, guess what area of your body doesn't have any joints! :D

You talking about arch body rocks or what?  :P