This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about Progression / Schedule

Started by Easto, January 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 293 Views

Easto

Question 1:

 

I am trying to figure out a couple things and I think I have confused myself, maybe reading into things too much.

 

Each program seems to be broken up into 12 week programs. 

 

If for example Week 2 = 5x18 s  and Week 3 = 3 x 36 s

 

In week 2 lets say I am able to do 3 sets at 18 s, but the final sets I can't get 18s no matter how hard I try.

 

The following week do I continue with the Week 3 = 3 x 30s anyways?

 

Keep following the template whether I was able to complete the required reps on the prior week?

 

Question 2:

 

Once an exercise has been mastered you move onto the next exercise for that specific "move".  So for example I could be on FL3 because my Front Lever is progressing, but still on MN1 because my Manna progression is slower?

 

I am 98% sure the answer is yes and if so it's probably really important to keep a daily training log.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Question one: no, you should rest on the same assignment. until you can complete it without problems for at least 2 following training session, then move over the following assignment (e.g. first week of 12 week cycle, with 30 sec template is 3x6s, stay with that until you can complete it, then mover over week 2. weeks are a reference of how to move on).

 

question two: it is fine to be strong in something and weak in something else, no matter about that.

Jon Douglas

In fact, its probably more normal than being equal all round, depending on your prior training experiences

Easto
Alessandro Mainente said:

Question one: no, you should rest on the same assignment. until you can complete it without problems for at least 2 following training session, then move over the following assignment (e.g. first week of 12 week cycle, with 30 sec template is 3x6s, stay with that until you can complete it, then mover over week 2. weeks are a reference of how to move on).

 

question two: it is fine to be strong in something and weak in something else, no matter about that.

(1)  Ok, so when it's labelled by weeks, it's not quite accurate to say its a week-to-week program. 

 

I COULD be stuck on (for example) week 4 for a couple weeks and I don't move onto week 5 until I can successfully do week 4?

 

(2)  Every 4th week is a deload week.  If I am stuck on a workout and the deload week pops up do I continue with the deload then pickup where I left off the following week?  Or should I power through with the working I can't finish and then do a deload week once I am able to complete the workout I previously failed at?

347mont
Easto said:

(1)  Ok, so when it's labelled by weeks, it's not quite accurate to say its a week-to-week program. 

 

I COULD be stuck on (for example) week 4 for a couple weeks and I don't move onto week 5 until I can successfully do week 4?

 

(2)  Every 4th week is a deload week.  If I am stuck on a workout and the deload week pops up do I continue with the deload then pickup where I left off the following week?  Or should I power through with the working I can't finish and then do a deload week once I am able to complete the workout I previously failed at?

You do the deload week for all exercises on the same training session. So for the element you are repeating

 

the same week because you are finding it challenging, you could be doing say for example week 9 six

 

times in a row(training twice a week) then do the deload. Where with the elements you are progressing normally

 

with you would do week 9 twice, then week 10 twice, 11 twice then deload.

 

Hope that makes sense.

Easto

Got it!