This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Experience with starting over?

Started by old dude_1969, January 9, 2016 · 4 Replies · 189 Views

old dude_1969

I had been progressing well with Foundation.  When I started HBP/PE3, I decided to submit a form check.  The response I received was spot on.... I lacked depression, I was piking at the hips a bit and I wasn't completely protracting at the top.  I think we all start with some slight issues with this beast of an exercise, but I really started thinking about the previous elements that I had "mastered".  Yes- I did the reps only resting for the iM, but I'm not sure about my form.  I'm thinking it wasn't as good as I had thought!

 

Therefore, I'm going to be starting over.  I will be posting at least one video per element and iM.  I'm actually looking forward to the critique.  I'm sure everyone will be sick of seeing my form checks, but at age 46 (soon to be 47) I really have one last shot at doing this properly. 

 

Has anyone else done the same?  What was your experience with all the form checks?

 

Thanks,

Kevin

Alessandro Mainente

Yes i did it more times when i've understood that me form wasn't matching the requirements of form and tempo.

Nick Roy

Yea, I've pulled myself back 2 times. Downloaded a free metronome app so I know the exact count of the video demonstration and what I have to follow during my workouts. That way when I video myself I can just focus on form, while the tempo is easy to follow

Ryan Bailey

I did something similar with the first handstand iM.

I thought after training 4-5 months on something that I was good; ready to move on to PE2.

I knew my form was about 15-20 degrees off mastery form, but justified moving on as being "naturally" tight. I wasn`t involved with the forum at the time.

I don`t know why it took me so long to participate with forum and form checks. Once the form check process is initiated, a tremendous amount of detail is gleaned by throwing yourself out there for others to critique.

Good luck with the progress!

old dude_1969

Thank you all for the excellent replies.  Yes, I'm going to re-test today.  I have the day off and it's -13 F outside, so I might as well do an F7 + H1 to really get going on this!  I appreciate the responses.