This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Timing Information

Started by Ander, January 8, 2016 · 6 Replies · 273 Views

Ander

Did the info for today's new task come out this morning or last night? I was unprepared this morning and did some extra scrambling (figuratively in my morning routine and literally for eggs).

 

Is it possible to get the information the night before to prepare for the next day? Or did I just miss it yesterday?

Boki

I think it was out yesterday morning. We are supposed to get new tasks on Monday and Thursday.

Ander

I meant more like how we got a "Read before Monday" for Monday's task, it would be nice to have them for all of the tasks so that I could prepare for it ahead of time, especially if it involves breakfast.

Jeff Serven

Haha....No. Ander, I appreciate your ambition but its one thing at a time. The next step is not even a concern at this time. Focus on mastering the step you are on and only focus on the step you are on. This course is compounding, we are adding step 2 on top of 1 then step 3 on top of that and so on. It will get difficult fast.

 

Further, you guys are less than a week in. You could do anything for a week, hell I stayed up and ran for a week straight once. I wouldn't do it again and I couldn't do it for a period of time any longer than a week. Thrive is the long game, its the program you get on where people who haven't seen you in 6 months don't recognize you. Its not the 30 day live in your back yard and try to eat the neighbors dog because someone tried to do that a thousand years before air conditioning. 

Ander

That makes complete sense, Jeff. I really am trying to take it only one day at a time. It was just an inconvenience first thing in the morning when I was trying to decide if it was worth it to run to the store or take the time to make eggs before my commute to work. I would have liked a "Hey, tomorrow you've got a breakfast task!" notification or something so I could buy nuts or avocado or even plan for an extra ten minutes to get ready.

 

If the new tasks take all day or it's lunch/dinner/exercise, I can roll with the punches easily. It was mostly just because the task was to something first thing in the morning when there needed to be preparations for it in place. I didn't have nuts/avocado/yogurt around for a quick addition to breakfast and I wasn't planning on spending time making eggs.

 

Obviously now I'm taking the time to do it correctly every day. It was just the first day was no notice at all. I don't want to have to expect Monday and Thursday mornings to be surprising if I have to do something immediately when I wake up.

Jeff Serven

I got ya' 

 

Let me look into it

 

Thanks for the info

Ander

Great! Thanks, Jeff!