This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form Check on FL/PE7, sPL/PE5 and sPL/SE1>iM

Started by Jon Thornham, January 8, 2016 · 6 Replies · 157 Views

Jon Thornham

I was hoping to get feedback on a few progressions from Foundation Two.  I have put together a video with three progressions.  

 

FL/PE7

Any comments would be appreciated.  

 

sPL/PE5 (Technically Foundation One)

I back tracked because my form on the tucked planche was incorrect.  Besides my feet moving around is my body line and shoulder protraction and retraction looking ok?

 

sPL/SE1>iM

I am having a difficult time with this one.  While I am progressively getting lower and holding the position longer, I want to make sure I am headed in the right direction. 

 

Thanks for any feedback.  

 

https://youtu.be/SBtq0dD-j2I

 

Take care,

 

Jon

Romulo
The video is set as private

Jon Thornham
Romulo said:

 

The video is set as private

 

Sorry, it's up now.  

Joshua Slocum

FL/PE7: you have a slight pike throughout the movement, but otherwise looks good.

 

sPL/PE5: more protraction. Literally as much protraction as you can. Can you post a vid of your sPL/PE1?

 

sPL/SE1>iM - I like your entry method :). You need to get your hips closer to the ground and get rid of the arch, but that's the right direction.

Jon Thornham
Joshua Slocum said:

FL/PE7: you have a slight pike throughout the movement, but otherwise looks good.

 

sPL/PE5: more protraction. Literally as much protraction as you can. Can you post a vid of your sPL/PE1?

 

sPL/SE1>iM - I like your entry method :). You need to get your hips closer to the ground and get rid of the arch, but that's the right direction.

Thanks for the feedback.  Here is my sPL/PE1.

 

https://youtu.be/u1yRFdGzF8Q

 

Take care,

 

Jon

Joshua Slocum
Jon Thornham said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Here is my sPL/PE1.

 

https://youtu.be/u1yRFdGzF8Q

 

Take care,

 

Jon

Looks pretty good. For reference, the amount of protraction you feel at the top of sPL/PE1 is the amount you want to try to hold in sPL/PE5. 

Jon Thornham
Joshua Slocum said:

Looks pretty good. For reference, the amount of protraction you feel at the top of sPL/PE1 is the amount you want to try to hold in sPL/PE5. 

Thanks for the help.  I'll definitely keep this in mind.  

 

Take care,

 

Jon