This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1 - 4.3 How thick is each mat panel and how tall is the athlete in the video?

Started by prinny, January 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 127 Views

prinny

Just tried out assisted back roll and was wondering for reference, how tall the athlete in the video is and how thick each mat panel is? I have a similar looking mat the puts me 8" from the ground. Seemed a bit high. I couldn't stand anywhere near as smoothly. This is where I'll be for a bit.

Joshua Slocum

The mat in the video looks 6-8" off the ground, which is about right for a panel mat.

 

Smoothness comes with practice :)

Coach Sommer

Use a panel mat that is 2" thick and then folds into 4-6 sections.

 

How many sections the panel mat is will depend upon its length; 4 sections equals 8 feet long etc.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

prinny

Thanks. It was just a bit scary to roll backwards without my hands immediately touching the floor, so I thought it was too high  :D