This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 + iM Form check (Pain on right anterior deltoid)

Started by Young Chan, January 7, 2016 · 4 Replies · 113 Views

Young Chan

I'm currently on week 7 on this element.

 

Because of the structure of the house, I can only film a front view for the strength element.

I can't tell if its perfect, but I'm making sure that my hips are always in the same position and right under the rings when at the top part of the rep.

 

RC/PE1 STR Front view (4th set)

https://youtu.be/lXiCKh8deOo

 

RC/PE1 > iM Side view

https://youtu.be/mnzsrkE_hhA

 

 

 

 

Does it look like I'm doing something wrong with the strength element? Because after doing the strength element I get pain in my right front deltoid D:

post-20339-0-12460600-1452205908_thumb.p

 

The red circle is where the pain is :(

 

I never had an injury around that area before in my life.

Young Chan

I know the arms have to be in a 90 degree angle at the top but I can't put the rings any wider than this D:

 

Could the narrow width be the cause of my pain?

Ryan Bailey

Your hands are opposite rotation of the course video.

Make sure you are not applying the wrong inward, rotational pressure at the end range of movement. This may be causing too much compression on the long head of bicep tendon.

Young Chan
Ryan Bailey said:

Your hands are opposite rotation of the course video.

Make sure you are not applying the wrong inward, rotational pressure at the end range of movement. This may be causing too much compression on the long head of bicep tendon.

Ahhhh I see

I was so focused on the hips and arm angle I didn't look closely at the hand rotation.

 

Thanks!!

Joshua Slocum

Your elbows are low too - they should be in line with the shoulders. Try raising the rings a few inches.

 

If you're experiencing pain, try decreasing the volume for a bit. It might just be a mobility issue that will clear up with time and effort. You might try making sure you're scaps are bit more depressed at the top - I find that if I don't pay attention to that my scaps will elevate a bit and it irritates my shoulder in approximately the same area.