This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thinking to start with H1 - how exausting is it?

Started by terma, January 7, 2016 · 7 Replies · 232 Views

terma

Hey everybody,

 

I bought F1 one month ago and I'm quite happy with it. I'm doing it 4 times the week and want to keep this rhythm.

I also consider buying H1, but don't have to much resources left over the week to cope another exhausting workout (I do some other sports parallel to F1). So my question is: How physically exhausting are the first months of H1? If it is mostly wrist and shoulder preparation, I think I can manage to add it to my schedule. If it is stuff from which you get sweaty, I have to postpone it a bit.

 

Thanks for your help in advance :)

korija

Start doing f7. Then you could perhaps also do h1 on the side. By F7 i mean all elements in one day, alot of people are doing it including me

Giovanni Garcea

I can only talk about the first element or two. Not exhausting and you can do it in 20 minutes or so (some warm up needed if that is the only thing you do that day)

LateStarter@46

Not sweaty/exhausting at all. It will carry-over huge benefits* to your Foundation program.

*better body alignment/form, balance, shoulder mobility and strength, etc

argle

It's quicker for me than Foundation.... 20 minutes sounds right, no more than a half hour.  And fun!

Joshua Slocum

H1 is more skill training than conditioning. There is some strength/endurance to it, but not nearly to the same degree as Foundation.

DAMIEN DEL RUSSO

Yeah it's mostly wrist work which goes by pretty fast in comparison to F1 stuff. The important thing is even though the wrist exercises aren't that hard, you don't want to rush ahead so you should be working well within your capacity most of the time, which allows for pretty quick workouts.

 

It's a great program, I'm really happy even though I haven't done a handstand yet :-)  (PROGRESSIONS SON)

DouglasMN

You will definitely work, but I found it was easy enough to tack onto my shorter day without too much trouble. I did the F4/F3+H1 split so I was working out 4 times a week and would definitely recommend this schedule if you're already doing the F4/F3 split. There is some shoulder mobility in H1 that everyone should get to work on asap.

 

F3+H1 usually took me about 40-45 minutes, but it is easier to modulate the Handstand course's intensity. It's skill work, so if you're feeling tired you can take your time to rest a little more in between sets and focus on getting the most practice out of each set. I'd recommend getting started yesterday :)