To those who have seen my previous topics you may know what I'm about to say ![]()
I know the majority of you will outline the progressions by coach Sommer to be the best approach for the planche but I like to experiment. I personally find this not so useful but I may be doing it wrong. Who knows, this is why I'm trying new ways and methods of how other people have achieved it.
After having a good planche lean I was told to move onto elevated planche leans. I have a resistance band here where I place it on my pull up bar and then put thw actual band at the end of my feet and mimic the planche position. My theory was as I got stronger I could put the resistance band higher up and around my waist eventually. I tried it around my waist and it's quite hard. At my feet it's not so bad. I was wondering if this would help gain the planche too? I have a friend who told me he found the best method for him was to just practice planche leans and he also incorporated resistance bands into his training and he gained a successful straddle planche. What do you guys think? It seems to be working me but I just don't want to rely on the band that's all. I want to come off stronger.