This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help Requested with Microcycle Plan

Started by DAMIEN DEL RUSSO, January 5, 2016 · 1 Replies · 84 Views

DAMIEN DEL RUSSO

Howdy all. I'm wondering how to approach my programming given that I failed in the 4th set of week 9 on both of these:

 

 

I am repeating HBP/PE2 after failing last cycle. The thing is, with both of these I can pass the 5x15 pretty easily if I rest between sets, say 2 minutes. But I am trying to adhere to the program as closely as possible, which includes very solid, discrete reps (no bouncing) with almost no rest between sets. Following that standard, I couldn't pass week 9 workout 1.

 

So, I'm kind of deciding between just following the program and failing on the reps in week 10-11 (or not failing, if get stronger that quickly), or perhaps repeating week 9 every week until I can bang out all the sets with authority. Or I could bounce back to week 5, though weeks 5-8 were pretty easy.

 

I've seen other posts on microcycles, but I thought this worth asking since I specifically failed in the 4th set of week 9 for 2 consecutive exercises.

 

Thoughts? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks,

Damien

Vytautas Pilkauskas

IMHO, doesn't matter that much at what set you failed.

I would do one of the following:

Finish off the required number of reps and sets even if it means I have to break a set.

Repeat 5x9 and 5x6 until they are no longer a challenge.

GTG method