This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching after massage

Started by El Chino, January 5, 2016 · 3 Replies · 168 Views

El Chino

Hi all,

 

I had deep tissue work done on my back today by a massage therapist which helped release a lot of trigger points around my shoulders. She also did some light and short work on my legs. I am wondering if it is ok to do the FS course later on today since the hard massage was done on my upper body or whether just stick to limbering and put the hard stretches back until tomorrow?

ausswe

i would say it is probabaly the best time to stretch because all those knots and muscle spasms have been taken care of which should allow you to work at a greater rom.  hard to stretch when your muscles are all knotted.

Coach Sommer

No.

 

After a deep tissue massage the proper course of action is hydration and rest.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

El Chino

Cheers Coach, I decided in the end to err on the side of caution and just did some light limbering. I now have hard stretching to look forward to later today :)