Hi Everyone,
I am fairly new here. Here is my back story... haha... skip to the end if you just want to know my question. LOL
I am 45 year old gal that has a history of surgeries to my core.
Chronologically...
- 1 attempted kidney donation (at 25 years) (still have both kidneys, but also a 12 inch incision on left trunk)
- microdisctomy L4-L5 (at 32 years)
- 2 cesarean births (at 34 & 36 years)
I am pretty sure years of compensating different movements has made me end up in my current situation.
- Rolled shoulders
- very limited thoracic mobility (bridge is non existent lol)
- poor ROM overhead (no arms by ears)
- weak lower core muscles (hollow is weak)
- poor lower back flexibilty (i don't rock and roll well. haha)
- anterior pelvic tilt.
With all that said... I am a fairly successful athlete for my age. I am very active. I am a triathlete and enjoy weight training and am pretty strong for my size. I would like to stay injury free and strengthen my weaknesses. After all my research, I believe if I could correct my postural issues by developing some raw strength in my back and core, this can be done.
Which is why my journey has led me here. I know the road ahead will require patience and persistence. I am ok with that and have never shied away from hard work.
My question is... a recent X-ray of my neck shows cervical ribs. I was experiencing arm dullness, bicep pain and pinky numbness (symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome) but have since gotten out of pain/numbness working GB Thoracic stretch series. I would like to move forward to Foundations and Handstand 1.
Does anyone know if having cervical ribs will limit my overhead/shoulder mobility or success with the program? Can I expect full ROM if I am consistent? Is getting the flexibility back in my lower back after microdisectomy in the lumbar spine even possible???
I know you all aren't doctors. Just wondering if anyone out there is perhaps in my boat or have trained athletes in my situation. Thanks for reading!! :-)