This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Schedule and recovery in F1

Started by Rey, January 5, 2016 · 1 Replies · 173 Views

Rey
Hello there,

I recently purchased the Foundation One Series and got a question according to the

training schedule. As the series focuses on providing the foundation for those 7 exercises

there is actually a split routine.

Before starting with F1 I mainly did a full body workout every other day, hence 3 respectively 4 workouts

in an alternating fashion each week.

 

Furthermore it was recommended to find out ones recovery ability. Since I was kinda used to train

every other day I have chosen to follow the routine to practise 3 times a week leaving at least 1 day of

recovery. But since it's a split the actual recovery time between practising each exercise is much bigger

and I'm kinda sceptical whether it's not 'too much of a break' that noticeable progression won't show up

in the first place.

 

Assumed I currently underestimate my recovery and follow the routine to train 3x a week will this work as well?

Giovanni Garcea

Rey, one of the differences (there are many) between foundation and other workouts is that there is a great focus on endurance, so all the exercises are done without any rest, apart from the time that you need to do the integrated mobility sets.

 

If your previous workout program was more traditional, in the sense that you had 1-3 minutes rest between sets/exercises, then you can't really assume what you're recovery will be following the no-rest Foundation regimen, IMHO.

 

Having said that, the workout scheduler has many templates and the highest volume one is F7 4 days. If you can really recover well, you can use that template and do the entire full body routine 4 times a week. Myself, and many people in the forum, can only handle a fraction of that volume (while maintaining form and a brisk pace with no rest) and so we use much lighter templates. Common wisdom is to start with a lower volume template and gradually increase the volume until you find your sweet spot.