This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Patriq's Gymnastics Journal

Started by Primalisten, January 5, 2016 · 4 Replies · 9 Views

Primalisten

As of the beginning of 2016 I will start a journey that will hopefully lead my to a more functional physique, a solid body, and last but least some amazing gymnastic skills! 

I know it's a good idea to film yourself doing the exercises in order to get ideas and input on what's right or wrong. I will do this from time to time, but as for this workout log I intend to film myself evert time I attempt mastery of any PE, and I will upload it here. 
Yes, I'm filming myself without a shirt on, since this IS also a journey to a better looking body, and it would be nice to see that progress as well. 

So this is what my workout schedule will look like (it may change over time).
I intend to split the F1 into two workouts, which I will try to perform four times á week. 
H1 is also included there.
T1 will be performed once á week.  
The three stretch series will be performed once á week each, after some of the other workouts. 

In addition to this I will also add some swimming, yoga and crossfit, but only occasionally. 

 

Starting values:
Weight:  87,5 kg
Chest: 104 cm
Waist: 100 cm
Butt: 103 cm

(I write above that I will do five workouts each week. This will probably not always be the case, but either way I intend to just keep the schedule rolling)

Let's go! 

Primalisten

 

So I started my very first workout today, and right away I will try an attempt at mastery on the HBP/PE1, since I've completed that one before and think I can handle it. 
Input is welcome! 

On all other elements I know I probably can't complete the PE1 yet, but I will upload videos here as I start feeling more comfortable that I can complete them. 

Yes, it could be a looong while between posts here ;)

 

 

 

Primalisten

 

I've been at it for a few weeks now, and today it was time to make a mastery attempt at the SLS/PE1 element. 
Check it out and let me know what you think. 

Personally I didn't feel that I had too much trouble strength wise. I could probably do two more rounds if we're just looking at the part where I stand up, using my leg muscles. 
The two main issues that I felt was 1, that I got a bit unfocused which made me stumble a couple of times, and 2, that my skiers wasn't deep enough, perhaps. 

I feel it, and I can of course also see clearly from the video that I need to lose some kilos from my body, especially around the waist. 
I'm currently doing a paleo health challenge which will most likely help me with that. 

Over all I had a good training session today. Except for my back. It burns :) 
I think you can see in the video that my back turned red from scrubbing agains the floor. 

Patriq Hansson


I got the flu in the middle of February, and since then I've been on and off from training. Mostly off.. 
This is not good at all! I was in much better condition before the flu, but since it is THAT time in my scheduling I thought I should make a mastery attempt on HS today anyway (and also on SL, see below). 
I don't know how many times I've been standing in the tripod position since I first bought HS1, but it is a LOT! 
Hopefully you can see that it's not too much of an effort to stand in the tripod position. It's no effort at all really. 
However, the mobility portion is perhaps not as satisfying. 
My plan from here is to move on to PE2 with the strength portion, but stay (or alternate) the mobility until I nail it. 

Please let me know what you think! 

Patriq Hansson

 

Second mastery attempt of the day. I think this one is fairly easy compared to the HS attempt. 
I'm using a 2.5 kg weight plate (about 5 pounds), and could have used a heavier weight for sure. 
We have done a lot of russian twists at crossfit before, but it's been a while now. 

Sorry about how the camera was positioned, cutting me in half like that, but hopefully you can see the most important parts. 

Let me know what you think.