This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall Handstand medial delt pain

Started by louki, January 4, 2016 · 3 Replies · 114 Views

louki

Hello, 

 

I am new to the forum and have been training using H1 for around a month. I have done the first few progressions up to forearm balancing. It just so happened that during my last training session I tried wall handstands for the first time, only to injure my right medial delt. It hurts when I raise my arm diagonally in front of me. After taking a few days off, and thinking it was back to normal, the same pain came back whilst putting pressure on the arm. (Not even training) I would greatly appreciate any advice and rehab exercises, as I realise I may be lacking important mobility and strength, but don't know where to start. 

Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Rotator cuff with high probability. Do you have previously mastered all the IM? 

You should pay attention to this before unbalanced shoulders will lead to improper kinematic of arms raise above the head. this is the first step of injury.

louki

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know what IM is. Are the mobility requirements from H1 enough or should I implement exercises specifically for rotator cuff? If so, what would these be.

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Please read the intro article. courses are meant to be studied.