This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Teary eyes while handstanding

Started by MrPuppeh, January 4, 2016 · 6 Replies · 141 Views

MrPuppeh

Hi !

 

I have a question :

 

I have experiencing this thing while doing Wall Handstands :

 

* My eyes get teary while in a handstand

 

* My eyes are a bit red afterwards ( Like when you are done crying )

 

* And sometimes I get red dots under my eyes ( which means popped capilaries )

 

 

I think that the handstand position creates big pressure for my head, is it dangerous ?

I have no dizzines, I dont get sick and I perform well. The red dots go away after 1-2 days and its all fine.

 

Does anyone have any info on this ? How to reverse it ? 

 

Thank You in advance !

Cole Dano

Did you have any of these issues in the Headstand variations?

 

How long has it been going on for? How often do you practice HS?

MrPuppeh
Cole Dano said:

Did you have any of these issues in the Headstand variations?

 

How long has it been going on for? How often do you practice HS?

My eyes tend to get teary a bit from heandstands but it was no big deal.

I started to do the 5x60s wall holds, BUT i have gained weight before i started them  ( 233 pounds , 106kgs atm ) So maybe I just need to get used to them. Another fact is that i am doing HS holds Once a week due to time issues. Maybe I should get to 2-3x a week to fully master the demanding physical requirements for it ?

MrPuppeh
Zach Armijo said:

This is something that will just subside with time spent inverted. Remember to breath especially. Talk or count out loud to aid in this. 

Yes, I noticed if I breathe more ( stronger breaths ) then it becomes better.

Cole Dano

If you are happy doing HS 1x/week you could do HeS on other days to help the adaptation. This would be less taxing overall.

MrPuppeh
Cole Dano said:

If you are happy doing HS 1x/week you could do HeS on other days to help the adaptation. This would be less taxing overall.

Not really, I want to make Handstands and Everything that is Overhead a staple movement for me. I like it very much.

I think I need to up my HS holds gradually till i train them 3x a week on a regular basis

MrPuppeh
Cole Dano said:

If you are happy doing HS 1x/week you could do HeS on other days to help the adaptation. This would be less taxing overall.

I want to master the overhead movements very much :) 

 

Handstands, One arm handstands, HS presses, HS pushups, Bowers, Strict press , military press, Push press etc.