Today is Day 1! Who else is participating? Photos taken, water drank... let's do this guys! Looking forward to it. Thanks to Jeff, Cory, and Coach Sommer for all their hard work getting this course up and running in time for 2016.
Best,
Chris
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Chris Garay, January 4, 2016 · 24 Replies · 768 Views
Today is Day 1! Who else is participating? Photos taken, water drank... let's do this guys! Looking forward to it. Thanks to Jeff, Cory, and Coach Sommer for all their hard work getting this course up and running in time for 2016.
Best,
Chris
I'm in too Chris! Joining the thank you's too!
Off and running. Feeling empowered by this new perspective on nutrition. Surrendering to the brilliance of the programming. Many thanks.
I'm pumped to finally have a program that's put together by genuine experts and that's easy to follow! With so much information/misinformation from all the yahoos out there, this is a real blessing. I've been struggling for years to stick to a solid nutrition plan.... this is literally what I've been waiting for!
Looking forward to it ![]()
Cam
I'm in as well. Just need to take the pics and I'm done for the day
I took two photos and I managed to upload the wrong one.
Well, it's a photo of me, you can see my body and I can easily reproduce it later, so I guess I'll have to live with my not liking my face on it. ![]()
How do you guys feel you're going to do on this first week? I drink 1L during workouts alone, so I should be alright. Just need to check how much I drink on rest days.
i'm done also for today. only one problem: a few hours earlier there were two windows to record the beginning and the current weight. i had no scale. but now i weighed myself, logged in again and the windows are gone; only the before photo ist left. huh?
Well this is the first GB program that seems easy to me... If anything I drink too much water, I add sea salt to it sometimes to avoid loosing too much electrolytes
fnp said:i'm done also for today. only one problem: a few hours earlier there were two windows to record the beginning and the current weight. i had no scale. but now i weighed myself, logged in again and the windows are gone; only the before photo ist left. huh?
Perhaps some improvements on the fly. The meal log has disappeared for me as well. I am keeping my own log for whatever reason I will discover along the way.
I'm in as well, also noticed the meal log has disappeared. So excited for this course
I love the way this will tie in with the other programming on GB! I'm looking forward to changing the way I utilize food!
fnp said:i'm done also for today. only one problem: a few hours earlier there were two windows to record the beginning and the current weight. i had no scale. but now i weighed myself, logged in again and the windows are gone; only the before photo ist left. huh?
Had the same issue. Borrowed a scale from someone and weighed myself but the recording option is gone.
Well, despite my reservations I decided to trust Coach's recommendation that if I wanted to up my game in the nutrition stakes then I needed to give Thrive a shot. I have only recently returned to Foundation and training in general as discussed in another post of mine in F1 subforum and I see I have come back at an exciting time. Being Asian but westernised living in the UK, I was still brought up on a decent diet of rice, lots of veg and fish. I managed to keep most of that intact through my early adult life though university was a bit of a disaster. I am almost back to that standard of eating but became vegetarian early last year. I am really keen to see where Thrive will take me in terms of performance and recovery in Foundation. I really wish everyone well on this journey and hope that it also takes you to where you want to be in terms of well being and performance!
Just a quick question as well. The first task is drink 1L of water a day. I usually drink 2 a day, half a litre upon first waking. So I consider the first day completed even though it's night time here and it is Tuesday(I bought the course today). Does that mean if I do 6 days straight now the next task will unlock on Monday or do I have to wait till next Monday to properly start?
El Chino - Glad to see you're onboard!
As for the 1L of water per day. You have to drink your water, log in and check that you did it for 6 consecutive days before going on to the next step. So in your case yes you will have to wait.
When 1 exception is made then another is shortly made. The course is rigid to keep you disciplined. If you allow yourself to cut off 2 days of this goal then it will naturally lead you to short cut the next step. I know you don't want that and the only way around that is to wait.
Best of luck El Chino!
Thanks Jeff, message received loud and clear! Patience and discipline is key. Still looking forward to see what the next task is though!
So after almost a week of drinking water over other liquids, I am happy / sad (2nd grade words , i know) that my milk consumption has almost fell to zero.
On one hand I am consuming approx ~700 cal/ per day less from that alone. On the other hand. $$ /cal is cheap and if it wasn't for the high sugar ratio it'd be perfect, I do miss my milk.
On 1/3/2016 at 8:16 AM, Christopher Garay said:Today is Day 1! Who else is participating? Photos taken, water drank... let's do this guys! Looking forward to it. Thanks to Jeff, Cory, and Coach Sommer for all their hard work getting this course up and running in time for 2016.
Best,
Chris
Today is my Day 1. Feel like I am starting late, but glad to be starting. Looking forward to learning more from Jeff and Coach Sommer, as well as working with you all. The public nutrition forum has been a bit of a whirlwind at times over the last year. I am thankful for that forum, however, because I was able to "online" talk with Jeff and communicate some ideas about nutrition and throw some ideas with you all about food and training; as I have a lot to learn. I'm already starting to talk to much because I am excited, eventhough I said I would just stand by, shut up and listen.
I am both glad and proud to now be a part of this program.
Hope all is well with everyone so far,
Ryan
4 hours ago, Ryan Bailey said:Today is my Day 1. Feel like I am starting late, but glad to be starting. Looking forward to learning more from Jeff and Coach Sommer, as well as working with you all. The public nutrition forum has been a bit of a whirlwind at times over the last year. I am thankful for that forum, however, because I was able to "online" talk with Jeff and communicate some ideas about nutrition and throw some ideas with you all about food and training; as I have a lot to learn. I'm already starting to talk to much because I am excited, eventhough I said I would just stand by, shut up and listen.
I am both glad and proud to now be a part of this program.
Hope all is well with everyone so far,
Ryan
Hey Ryan,
welcome onboard! I just finished the course a few days ago. The difference between how I felt when I started and how I feel now are virtually polar opposites- it's an incredible feeling. Enjoy the journey!
Thanks and Congratulations on finishing the course.
Good to have ya' Ryan
Thanks, Jeff, I gotta be honest though. I became pretty inspired after listening to your podcast interview on under the bar, while searching for some nutrition information. Motivated me to take another look at nutrition (and any dogma that may have been creepin in) and hack a few of your general ideas with my meal planning; dropped grain (100% rye) a few weeks ago, even set aside my beloved, backyard maple syrup for the time being
, and mixed up breakfast routines like you described on the podcast. I wanted to put aside my own research on nutrition and follow results and experience instead... Tried to guess what you might have been doing in Thrive with protein at meals, but guess work can only last so long
.
Glad you liked it. It was a fairly unprepared podcast. I messed up the time difference and they caught me a day earlier than I was expecting them. But Iim glad you liked it -thanks.
I was actually most appreciative of your brave reaction and decision you made in 2001, and your discussions regarding your service. Honorable. Humbling. Thank you...
i drank today and trying to record it if i can figure how to
10 hours ago, James Chandler said:i drank today and trying to record it if i can figure how to
Welcome, James! To check off tasks, go to my.gymnasticbodies.com and view your dashboard. Over the course, tasks will appear for you to check off. If I remember correctly, the course starts on Mondays so you may not be able to check anything off until Monday.