This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling Frequency

Started by KevinH, January 3, 2016 · 5 Replies · 266 Views

KevinH

Just an observation in my training. 

It appears that I could do...

Block 1 training almost five days a week.

Block 2: Four days a week.

Block 3: Three days a week.

The higher reps/longer sets seem to take longer for me to recover from.  Plus there is a bit of tendonitis in the elbows combined with occupation.

Is anyone decreasing the frequency as they approach mastery?

Mark Collins

I haven't tried this. I like to run with a set frequency until the gains dry up. Then I start varying frequency.

As you get further into the program you will have exercises in different blocks. So you may be doing Scapula Shrugs in block three and psuedo planche push ups in block one. It would become confusing to track all seven exercises in foundation, H1, H2 and T1 especially when the blocks are all different.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Adding one or two additional meals, one extra hour of sleep, more daily light activities and more water every day when most of the elements are in block 3 really helps me a ton. :)

KevinH

Mark: I haven't actually tried it.  Having exercises in different training blocks is where this crashes.  I've just noticed that my body appears to like more recovery in block three.  As much as anything I have a repetitious job so the higher reps just add to that fire. Probably a different story if I had an easier occupation.

 

Vytautas: The training is just part of the stress equation.  For example last month when I was on day-shift it was dark when I went to work and dark when we were done.  So no day light for me. When on night shift I couldn't stay asleep.  Went several days on three or four hours sleep.  I had the time to sleep ten hours but just couldn't make myself.  Quality nutrition and water are always beneficial.

 

The point of this post is to see if anyone else is struggling in block three and what may be done to be successful.  It may just as simple as "do block three until you master it because your body is telling you it's not ready to move on".  Not trying to reinvent the wheel.  I just like to know I'm not alone in the suffering.  ;)

Giovanni Garcea
KevinH said:

 Not trying to reinvent the wheel.  I just like to know I'm not alone in the suffering.  ;)

You are not alone, weeks 9 to 11 are really taxing, but elements proceed at different speeds for me, so in a workout I might have a week 1 element, a week 5 element and a week 9 element, so it kind of averages out. If the block 1 for an element is too easy for you and you don't need to recover much from it, maybe you could have started at block 2 directly and skipped weeks 1 to 4...

Mark Collins

You may be better off having less frequency so you are fully recovered for the next session. Especially since your work is physical.