This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

carved out of stone

Started by alexferm, January 3, 2016 · 14 Replies · 37 Views

alexferm

Hello!

I recently started doing gst. Have been doing a lot of cardiovascular and strength training before.

I try to do f7 twice a week, hs1+2 twice and the frontsplit and thoracicbridge stretch. Also enjoy bouldering as much as I can!

Thought that I would start a journal to keep track of my progress.

I am currently here:

Fl pe2 - had major issues with pe1. Hopefully pe2 will not be as bad.

Spl pe4 - planche has been my strongest exercise. Before starting gst I did ALOT of planche,

SL pe4 - been having a lot faster progress since they changed exercises. Had a really hard time with the arch body hold.

Mn pe2 - big issues with this one, mostly because of my poor mobility.

Sls pe2 - struggling with I'm.

Hbp pe3 - been back and forth, starting to feel quite solid. Will master within next microcycle.

Rc pe3 - same as Hbp.

Hs1 - pe3. I cheated a bit here, I have not mastered the I'm for pe1 and 2. I am working with them alongside pe3.

Hs2 - pe1. Just started this, as usual mobility is my biggest concern

alexferm

Friday f7

Fl pe1 mastered! I thought my abs was going to die during the last set.

Failed om Rc, did all reps but with bad form. will be doing one more microcycle and then I think it is time to move on.

Saturday

hs1+2 and bridge stretch.

Shoulders is starting to feel exhausted, will be enjoying my deload week.

Sunday

Classic IWT with assaultbike and rowingmachine. Nice to do a little breathing.

alexferm

Monday: frontsplit stretch. Was able to touch floor with palms afterwards.

Tuesday: F7, deload week. Did some cardiovascular on airdyne, then f7. Body is feeling really tired.

alexferm

Yesterday, Wednesday.

Did hs1+2.

During my last workout my right shoulder started to hurt during the Hbp-pe3. It is during the descending part of the movement and the pain came instantly. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Did some stretching and massage today, feels kind of stiff and tight around the right trapezius and at the back of the shoulder.

alexferm

60 min of bouldering, fun session indoors.

alexferm

Did f7 yesterday. Did not want to risk hurting my shoulder, so scaled back on Hbp and Rc to pe1 on both. Did not feel anything in my shoulder during the workout. Will probably go back to pe1 on both elements and see if the pain goes away.

alexferm

Bridgestretch yesterday and frontsplitstretch today.

alexferm

F7 - new microcycle.

FL-PE2 W1

sPL-PE4 W5

SL-PE4 W9

MN-PE2 W1

SLS-PE2 W9

HPB-PE1 W5

RC-PE1 W5

Everything felt solid except SL-PE4, I will definitely need another microcycle on that one.

MN-PE2, making slow progress. Mobility is my achilles heal for sure.

alexferm

Hs1+2 yesterday. Really liking the pike stretch in stallbars.

Bridgestretch today.

Did not do any bridges though, my shoulder can't take it at the moment.

alexferm

F7 yesterday.

Mn-pe2 felt much better. Could almost get my feet at the same height as my head. Need more upright body though.

alexferm

Just had a baby and got sick while in the hospital.

Haven't had the time to train or health to train the past week.

alexferm

Back on track!

60 min of bouldering yesterday and Frontsplit stretch today, felt very good after two weeks of not doing anything.

alexferm

F7 Tuesday, worst workout ever.

Hs1+2 yesterday

Bridgestretch and bouldering today.

alexferm

Hs 1+2, felt great.

Alexander Laurila

Wednesday: 60min bouldering

Thursday: hs 1+2

Friday: TBs

Saturday: 90 min bouldering and MSs