This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1, twice a week or F7 for capoeirista

Started by Tomas Lindahl, January 3, 2016 · 4 Replies · 236 Views

Tomas Lindahl

Hi! I have a programming question for Foundation 1. I haven't found a topic for this in the forum yet.

 

My background and why I'm doing F1: I'm a capoeira-practitioner reaching some high mileage (I'll be 36 this year), and started with F1 last year as a way to close some gaps and injure-proof myself as much as possible. I also feel basic gymnastic training benefits my capoeira.

 

I have trouble fitting in a 3x/week schedule. I commute 3h every day, train capoeira at least twice a week and do mobility work at home every morning before work. I also need to focus on capoeira-specifik work aside from this.

 

Whenever I try to squeeze in F1 for 3x/week, I over-commit. I can usually do it for a while, but at some point I regress. 

 

My question: is it possible to do F1 twice a week using the standard program, only spreading it out a bit longer? I realize this will hamper progression-rate, but right now I'm aiming for consistency rather than volume. I came across suggestions about F7, doing all the stuff  once a week, which I'm thinking about trying. 

 

Anyone in a similar position with some wisdom and insight to share?

 

Best regards to you all!

 

Sincerely

Tomas

 

 

 

 

Esquilo

Hi Thomas,

 

I´m also Capoeirista and also into Foundations for one year now. I usally work with a F3/F4/H1+2 split spread over the week. I started with F7 once a week, what also worked good for me. I splitted it into two sessions mainly due to time management.

 

Axé

TomParr

I just posted a separate topic with a similar theme. Same story as you life gets in the way of training consistency. I am going to try opting for a different approach of doing short workouts often. Have a look in my post for more detail but gives you another option, while keeping frequency high and only adding minimal time to your current schedule.

Best of luck

-MR

If three times a week is too much, how about doing a workout every three days? I.e two days off in between each F workout. Even though the two days off in between workouts feels quite decadent, over the course of two weeks you only get 1 session less than with the original MWF template which doesn't seem like That big of a compromise.

DBeckerman

After we go back to training after a Christmas break I will be doing the MWF split. I will also consider my workouts over 6 weeks instead of 4 weeks much like Wendler does in his 5/3/1. I do better on working everything twice but do not recover well enough on the MTThF split which is what I have been doing over the past 3 weeks.