This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

T1.2 Gorilla, pelvic tilt

Started by dritar, January 2, 2016 · 5 Replies · 232 Views

dritar

I might be overthinking this but should we aim for APT while doing this movement ? The focus notes don't say anything about but I'm thinking that if my straddle mobility was better I should be able to do this without PPT. Or does it not matter for this one ?

 

 

Coach Sommer
dritar said:

I might be overthinking this but should we aim for APT while doing this movement ? The focus notes don't say anything about but I'm thinking that if my straddle mobility was better I should be able to do this without PPT. Or does it not matter for this one ?

 

 

You are right.  You are over thinking this.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

dritar

Cool !

Mark Collins

Just walk like a gorilla, hips down and chest up. These are great for the legs.

dritar
Mark Collins said:

Just walk like a gorilla, hips down and chest up. These are great for the legs.

To be completely honest, that was actually the source of my doubt. Gorillas walk with APT  :lol: . But probably their pelvis is built differently.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Keep your hips low, chest above the hips (versus the opposite position of bear crawls), and try to put a fair amount of weight on your fists/hands. If done right you'll feel in the hips quite pronouncedly.