This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 091009

Started by Coach Sommer, October 9, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,108 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20091009.jpg

Complete three sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Negative MU

1 Embedded PL + 6 Circular Archups

1 Embedded FL + 5 Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP turns prior to beginning your working sets. The turns used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for a 15 second static hold.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 2 minutes in between giant sets; a giant set is comprised of the embedded static and the subsequent exercise.

4) Perform the Negative MU as slowly as possible, shooting for at least 5 seconds and preferably 10. Pay especially close attention to the transition and strive with your utmost effort to not allow the descent to speed up during this portion of the negative.

5) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Mats Trane

Excellent workout, I realy liked this one.

Which is better/more effective to do?

3 times the first embedded static and the subsequent exercise and then go to the next embedded static and the subsequent exercise

or

1 timesThe embedded static and the subsequent exercise and then go to the next embedded static and the subsequent exercise

and the start all over until you´ve done 3 times.

Coach Sommer
Which is better/more effective to do? 3 times the first embedded static and the subsequent exercise and then go to the next embedded static and the subsequent exercise or 1 timesThe embedded static and the subsequent exercise and then go to the next embedded static and the subsequent exercise and the start all over until you´ve done 3 times.

My preference is to complete all three rounds of the first giant set to maxmize fatigue and then proceed onward to the next giant set combination.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane

Thanks for clearing that up its been on my mind ever since i started.

By the way just wanted to say again that your book and these wods has realy changed my whole way of training. Before I used to go to the gym twice a week which becomes timeconsuming (and boring). Being able to do this att home I can now do this 4 times per week and still have more time with my family :D .

I have always had a hard time gaining weight. I´ve been 62 kilos ever since i was 20 years old (I´m now 46). Since I started this type of workout in April I´ve gained 4 kilos!! so now I´m 66 :lol: .

Another proof that this workout is for me is, in April I could do 16 chinups and at the end of August I entered a chin contest and did 24!

Thanks again!

David Picó García

Ups i did all three rounds changing exercises one after another, i didn't even thougth about it.

I agree with cdx, those WOD are great i think i'm getting stronger and stronger.

I follow as strictly as i can those WOD since September, after 3 months i'll test my strength but i'm sure there will be improvement.

Specially my handstand feels more and more solid.