This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3 + iM

Started by Young Chan, January 1, 2016 · 4 Replies · 91 Views

Young Chan

SLS/PE3 and iM front and side view (4 and 5th set)

 

I filmed the 4th and 5th set together in one video

https://youtu.be/ozy05i6PxDU

 

 

 

When I do the mobility, I get a bit of posterior pelvic tilt. Is this normal? Or does this need to be addressed?

post-20339-0-94430800-1451649977_thumb.p

 

And in the strength element, how high is the hips allowed up?

post-20339-0-22011300-1451650062_thumb.p

 

 

Thanks in advance!!

Cole Dano

The iM is ok, it has to do with how the hip bones are structured.

 

For the PE, that's a little too high, the thigh bones need to be angled any amount down at the center. You're close though.

Young Chan
Cole Dano said:

The iM is ok, it has to do with how the hip bones are structured.

 

For the PE, that's a little too high, the thigh bones need to be angled any amount down at the center. You're close though.

Thanks for the advice coach :)

 

I'll work on going lower :)

 

Have a Happy New Year :P

Young Chan Park
On 2 January 2016 at 0:22 PM, Cole Dano said:

The iM is ok, it has to do with how the hip bones are structured.

 

For the PE, that's a little too high, the thigh bones need to be angled any amount down at the center. You're close though.

 

Just came back to update. I've been working on getting lower since New Year.

 

It "feels" that I've gone lower and become more stable since January but it every time I record myself, it looks exactly the same as my January videos :/

 

I'm thinking the middle split series will help by allowing me spread my legs wider apart but I'm not sure :/

 

SLS/PE3 + iM Front view

 

SLS/PE3 + iM Side view

 

Cole Dano

This still needs some time, you really need to focus on keeping those hips down. It may help to play with slowing down the tempo and making this as stretch like as possible.

Also not that your right knee collapses in keep the weight to the outside of the foot not the inside.

Finally try not point your toes on this one, let the toes point straight up to the ceiling.