This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to Properly Use the 'My Workout' Planner

Started by Timm218, December 31, 2015 · 1 Replies · 162 Views

Timm218

Hey,

 

I am absolutely new to gymnastics. A friend strongly recommended to me Gymnastic Bodies, so I have just bought the whole foundation series, stretching, tumbling and handstand 1. I am aware of that I have to spend a long time for that program as it follows a long-term approach. Although I have read the introduction articles, FAQs, watched the tutorial for the scheduler, listened to the F1 webinar and spent quite some hours in the forums I somehow missed the information about how to fully use the workout planner correctly - I feel there is a bit information overload.

 

In the workout scheduler I can choose merely between 'foundation', 'foundation F7' and 'rings', as well as the times of training per week. Rings are however irrelevant to me at the moment, because I have first to master the foundation as far as I know. Also, the times of training per week is up to me and depends on my recovery ability.

 

Could you please explain what the difference between 'foundation' and 'foundation F7' is exactly? Which one is generally recommended?

 

And when I choose for example 'foundation', what do I have to do then? Just click on PE1 of every type of exercise for foundation and handstand and select week 1 for all of them? And then for example choose Mo, Wed, Fri, Sun for the handstand (what criteria should I consider for that)?

 

And then I have also to integrate tumbling and stretching. But how and on which days?

Cole Dano

In the Templates, Foundation 7 means doing all 7 elements in the same workout, Otherwise they are split in two groups FL/sPL/HBP/RC & SL/MN/SLS for the Foundation 3 day and 4 day options.

 

There is no general recommendation, but it's wise to start with less and build up to more rather than do it the other way around.

 

Tumbling you do on an off day, Saturday is recommended, and Stretch you do either after a workout or on an off day.

 

Hope that helps.