This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Activ and passiv flexibility - for gymnastics and martial arts

Started by dmmTurnen, December 31, 2015 · 2 Replies · 222 Views

dmmTurnen

Hello,

I have a question concerning the trainability of active flexibility, which means the range of motion you are able to control via your own muscle-power in contrast to assistance via your arm-push or someone else pushing/pulling you into position.

My range of motion for example in lex flexibility in a lot of exercises is decent to good if I use my hands, gravity or a wall as external resistance/assistence - depending on the exercise - but as a martial artists I also want to be able to put  my feet to my chest  - as an example - without using my hands, active flexibility.

The course does not discuss this topic explicitely. Can I train this in the way of just trying to move the bodypart via muscle-use only as far as it goes or are there more effective training modalities?

 

Thanks and greetings from Germany,

Daniel

Alessandro Mainente

Active flexibility is strength training. how you train pullup? dips etc?  it should be trained this way.

Young Chan
dmmTurnen said:

Hello,

I have a question concerning the trainability of active flexibility, which means the range of motion you are able to control via your own muscle-power in contrast to assistance via your arm-push or someone else pushing/pulling you into position.

My range of motion for example in lex flexibility in a lot of exercises is decent to good if I use my hands, gravity or a wall as external resistance/assistence - depending on the exercise - but as a martial artists I also want to be able to put  my feet to my chest  - as an example - without using my hands, active flexibility.

The course does not discuss this topic explicitely. Can I train this in the way of just trying to move the bodypart via muscle-use only as far as it goes or are there more effective training modalities?

 

Thanks and greetings from Germany,

Daniel

Hi Daniel, check this post out!

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16509-has-anyone-seen-this-ballet-article/