This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 frustration

Started by PrimalMove, December 31, 2015 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

PrimalMove

Last week I posted a question asking about the form required for HBP PE2. How Does one protract, depress, and keep from winging the scapula? These are my last 2 sessions... My boss, a physical therapist, keeps telling me I am wrong and that the protraction is causing me to have weakness.

Last Week: https://youtu.be/UTK-1JsuBiA

 

Today:https://youtu.be/58hJm_Oj984

vannybute

You should only protract at the top! Let your scapula move naturally through the rest of the movement unless they wing. More experienced members should be able to confirm this (I think Zach said this).

Jason Dupree

What Vanny said.

Make sure your elbows aren't behind your wrists at the bottom. If they go too far back it turns into a tricep extension instead of a push up - way harder. They should be directly above the wrists at the bottom. Learned that the hard way. and chest to the floor every rep :)

Also, you can tell your boss that we aren't working towards a bench press. We are working towards pseudo planche push up next and finally a hollow back press, which I'm not sure are even possible without protraction.

PrimalMove

Thanks guys!