This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Daily limbering

Started by Henry Skinner, December 30, 2015 · 5 Replies · 336 Views

Henry Skinner

Hi!

 

I want to begin limbering daily to explore ROM outside of performing the stretch series and my F1/H1 work.  Would performing a yoga flow such as the ashtanga primary series be a suitable place to start.

 

Example:

 

112ashtangalge.jpg

 

I guess I could also add in current and mastered iMs from F1 and H1 as desired.

 

Thoughts?

 

Thanks :)

Romulo

Hi

Do you have enough time for that or would you make an abbreviated form? The primary series takes more than one hour to complete, unless you mean just quickly rushing through the poses.

Henry Skinner

An abbreviated form.

I was thinking of doing Sun salutation a and b, and the standing asanas. It should take 20-30 minutes.

trw

Don't see why not. I don't have much yoga experience, but when I took a dance class in college we did sun salutations in our warmup and I always felt great afterwards.

Henry Skinner

What do you do to limber throughout the week on days when you are not strength training and to explore your ROM?