I started H1 and while doing WRS #1-4 I find that I have quite limited range of mobility, as well as for FKP>PE1 (bending the fingers at the first knuckle to 90 degrees -- I can bend about 5 degrees).
I have read Coach and others say that the "hard" stretch protocols of the stretch course should only be done once a week, and that the lighter warm-up stretches (like WRS 1-4) can be done more, but I'm not clear whether these warm-ups will lead to significant progress in finger and wrist mobility as the approach is so different than the approach in MS, FS and TB where the holds are quite long -- two minutes at times.
Apart from completing the four wrist stretches as prep before the handstand workouts, should folks with limited finger or wrist mobility be holding the wrist stretches for longer periods of time to increase their ROM? If so, how does this fit into a week? Is it similar to MS, FS, and TB where these longer holds should only be done once a week? Is it safe or advisable for me to do WRS 1-4 and/or FKP>PE1 for a few minutes each in order to get more ROM, or is that too much stress for the connective tissue?
Thanks for any insight, I had a read of the forums and wasn't able to find an answer.