This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1+iM form check

Started by jkoppel, December 27, 2015 · 4 Replies · 122 Views

jkoppel

10 weeks of this and I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing.

 

 

Cole Dano

On the PE; Let's get your set up a bit more solid by getting your hands further forward.

 

You want to form a more or less equal triangle between your hands and your head. Right not look at how close your hands are to  your face.

 

So to fix this make sure your elbows are pointing straight forward, not to the sides. That your scapular are protracted (wide upper back). And your hands are right under your elbows.

 

On the iM first important fix is to get your lower ribs in, flat back.

jkoppel

Thanks. I would not have figured out the comment about the elbows on my own for a while. 

James Koppel

Okay, how am I doing now?

My gymnastics coach caught me doing the iM during practice today. He told me to focus on keeping the chest hollow and then I should be looking up at the bar, keeping the neck relaxed. What do you guys think of this advice?

 

 

 

Cole Dano

On the iM the arms are good but still more hollowing. Think of taking your bottom ribs in. 

On the PE I'd like you to actively lift your shoulders up from the floor. Right now they are dropping towards the the floor. 

Mall in all positive improvement on both. :)