Hi there. I've been able to do 5x10 reps (each side) the last couple of workouts - However, is my form good enough for mastery?
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by TobiasM, December 27, 2015 · 17 Replies · 258 Views
Hi there. I've been able to do 5x10 reps (each side) the last couple of workouts - However, is my form good enough for mastery?
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
Getting there.
There is a difference between the two sides, on the first side you are doing more of a side arch than I personally would like.
2nd slide looks good.
iM is good, but some of the reps look a little grindy. You don't have to rotate as quickly as in the demo video, but it should be as smooth.
Maybe another 4 weeks just to clean it up and make it solid.
Thanks a lot, Cole! I'll keep working on this element the next couple of weeks to make it solid :-)
Been working some time on this element trying to clean it up. About to be good enough for mastery?
PE:
iM:
Thanks in advance!
It's definitely improved with the iM.
But the PE has actually gone a bit downhill
In my experience with this element, a lot of it is down to body awareness.
Think of this as a straight body element, not arched, not hollow. There is a tendency in the beginning to want to hold the hips too high so there is a bit of side arch, this will inevitably lead to piking. To have a straight side, it may feel as if you hips are sagging at first.
So, as you begin the descent, once you feel you've reached the limit of torso rotation, you need to let your hips rotate with you. And your obliques will be forced to engage more to prevent the piking. This is why we actually want the hips to rotate somewhat in this element. If you don't allow the hips to rotate, you will wind up doing a crunch, deep hollow and piked hips, to get the elbow down.
The key thing to be aware of is the height of your hips relative to the rest of your body, the hips need to stay in line and not lift above or fall behind the line.
Thank you so much for the nice explanation, Cole! Got a way better understanding of this element now - Makes it a bit easier when you actually understand what you guys are looking for. I made a new video with some corrections, hopefully it's better, but still some more work to do. Especially the 1st side am I not completly satisfied with.
OK, so if you pause your video at :02s and then compare it to the 3rd course photo
https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/sl-pe2/
see how the demo athlete has a straight line from head to toes, while your hips are up above that line.
That's the thing to try to figure out.
ohhh... i see. Got it! I'll do some more work and then try to post a new video :-)
,
Had another workout today. Tried not to pull my hips as high this time. Hope it's better;
You're starting to get it!
Thanks a lot, Cole! Glad I'm getting there ... All thanks to your feedback :-)
Any pointers I should take with me for the next workout and focus on? Or just keep working on the path I'm on for the next couple of weeks and then hopfully be ready to progress to the next element?
Carry on for now and check back in a couple of weeks.
Been some weeks now trying to make this element perfect. not 100% satisfied with the 1st side, not enough space to lay comfortable ![]()
What do you guys think? Solid enough to move on?
bump :-)
If your not satisfied with the first side yet then don't move on.
I'm satisfied with my form when at the gym and i got some more space to do the excersise. Just not completly satisfied with the form in the video above - Would like some more space to lay on
The 1st side in my view is alright, not bad at all, but hips could have been just a tiny bit lower.
2nd side is ok, you have to be the judge of whether or not the first side was just a fluke in the posted video. It happens.
Think it was just a fluke. Decided to film a new video; I definitely feel ready to move on. ![]()