This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Putting Together workout Routines

Started by wiski350, December 27, 2015 · 5 Replies · 211 Views

wiski350

Hello everyone.

 

This is the first time I've ever done any kind of home exercise program like this, and I'm kind of lost when it come to putting together my own exercise routines. My goal is basically to master everything in the Foundation series. I've been practicing yoga for about 4 years now and have recently started doing some calisthenics. I'd like to consider myself fairly proficient at arm balancing. I can hold a free standing handstand for about 15 - 20 sec. So I'm not necessarily a beginner but could use a little bit of guidance.  

 

Thanks

Romulo

Hello and welcome!

 

I´m not sure what guidance you are looking for. Correct me if I´m wrong, but the impression I got is that you want to master everything in the Foundation series without owning the series? I thought that because if you had it you should know what to do and the exercise routines are ready,so I don´t understand what you refer as ' putting together my own exercise routines'.

Joshua Slocum

If you want to master everything in the Foundation series, then buy it F1 and start working on it. 

wiski350

I bought the series yesterday morning. What I mean is, how should I put the progressions together? Should I only focus on say front levers to start and then once I have those down move onto the next one? Or should I do some of everything?

Systemic

You pick a 3,4 or 5 day plan. Then you go through the plan. 

 

Example: (3 day plan)

 

Day one:

 

FL/PE1 + PE1/iM

sPL/PE1+ PE1/iM

RC/PE1 + PE1/iM

HBP/PE1 + PE/iM

 

Day two:

Rest

 

Day three:

SLS/PE1 + PE1/iM

MN/PE1 + PE1/iM

SL/PE1 + PE1/iM

 

Day four:

Rest

 

Day five:

Repeat 'Day 1'

 

At the bottom of each exercise you will see "Mastery". If you've mastered the exercise WITH the mobility segment (having correct form and tempo) you move onto PE2 and so on.

Ravn

Read the introduction to the course, as it explains the structure of the course thoroughly.