This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Life is so easy after RC PE6

Started by RF_Guy, December 26, 2015 · 8 Replies · 658 Views

RF_Guy

For all miserable people who are stuck at RC PE6. It is getting much-much easier once you finally pass. Well that is except FL progression which is brutal. After being stuck at PE6 for 14 months I am yet to spend more than a week on any exercise in F2 series. I am starting PE14 next week and not expecting to spend much time on it.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Stefano Baral

Ahahahahah,  your title has made my day beautiful...

Adriano

+1 :D

Cameron Williams (Suspect 001)

I can't wait to get to the misery that is RC/PE6 :D

NickM

RC/PE6 blows goats. I can barely pick up a water bottle afterwards!

~Atticus
RF_Guy said:

For all miserable people who are stuck at RC PE6. It is getting much-much easier once you finally pass. Well that is except FL progression which is brutal. After being stuck at PE6 for 14 months I am yet to spend more than a week on any exercise in F2 series. I am starting PE14 next week and not expecting to spend much time on it.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

 

Today, I did 60, 60, 60, 57, 57. Almost there.

 

Should have this mastered by the end of this month, so I'll hold you accountable if what you've said doesn't end up being the case.

Dylan Robertson
~Atticus said:

Today, I did 60, 60, 60, 57, 57. Almost there.

 

Should have this mastered by the end of this month, so I'll hold you accountable if what you've said doesn't end up being the case.

How long have you been on this element and have you done any supplemental work to help achieve this faster?

~Atticus
Dylan Robertson said:

How long have you been on this element and have you done any supplemental work to help achieve this faster?

I started this beginning of June 2015. So it's been 7 months. I'd say I'll hit mastery in about two weeks time. So I'd say about 8 months total.

 

I'm not aware of any supplemental work, but at any rate, my goal wasn't to master it in the shortest length of time, but rather to ensure that my elbow joints, tendons, and the small muscles in the forearms adjusted appropriately to the load.

 

Earlier on, when I was still in the 30s-40s range, I'd do some additional chin hangs for about 1/2 the time on off days, but I don't know if that helped or hindered my progress.

dritar

I find that that 1/2 time on off days trick is gold for these long holds.