This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 Exercises Once Per Week?

Started by dynamo, December 26, 2015 · 7 Replies · 415 Views

dynamo

Has anyone ever performed the F7 exercises (FL, sPL, HBP, RC) + (MN, SL, SLS) only once per week and lost strength or regressed?

 

I'm currently on Coach's 3 day split where one of the groups of exercises is performed twice / week (M, F) while the other group is performed only once / week (W), then alternate them the following week.

 

Some weeks I end up with scheduling conflicts where performing each F7 exercise once per week (called it a two day split?) works better.

 

Hence, I'm curious if once per week has failed to progress anyone?

 

I'm also performing all three stretching courses (Front Split, Thoracic Bridge, Middle Split) once per week + the Handstand Series and jumping rope twice / week.

vinca_minor

You will lose some of the conditioning, but you probably will not lose any strength. I made decent strength & mobility progress with a few months of 2 elements a day, 4 days a week.

Do what you can recover from and what fits in your schedule.

Stephen Majerle

I've been doing F7 exercises once per week for a while now and am still progressing just as well if not better than before.

RF_Guy

I also played a bit with volume but it seems that once a week works well for me. I am also doing all stretching courses and Crossfit every other day though.

Edoardo Cagnola
Stephen M said:

I've been doing F7 exercises once per week for a while now and am still progressing just as well if not better than before.

Did you find yourself progressing well also on exercises that have a considerable skill component (e.g. planche leans)?

Edit: I assume you do other physical activity other than foundation (correct me if I'm wrong). Do you find this schedule to work better in that scenario?

I'm looking into getting back to some barbell work for my lower body and trying to workout a weekly schedule that would not hinder recovery (and therefore progress) in GST while allowing me to progress nicely on squats and deads. This once a week thing sounds interesting!

Jon Douglas

I'm a little clumsy and don't feel like this would work well for me. I suspect that when I started with GST performing things about '1.5x' per week would have been perfect; I think the 3 day split schedule is underrated, but there are also reasons to grit and put up more per week volume. It's hard to give hard-and-fasts, especially since, for example, i would have suffered and died on my current routine 6 months ago.

Mark Collins

I have made great progress on once a week. I am similar to RF_Guy in that I also perform Crossfit x2 a week so I get some stimulation and crossover from those workouts.

I currently perform;

F7 x1 a week

H1 x2 a week

H2 x1 a week

Tumbling x1 week

All three stretch series

Crossfit x2 a week. I am very carefull with using the appropriate load that does not hinder my GST progress.

Although I am only doing F7 once a week I am doing something daily. Tumbling one also has alot of F7 and H1 built into the movements.

If you are worried about a skill based exercise you can perform it on other days with less intensity.

Stephen Majerle

I wasn't progressing well with H1 only once per week so I now do H1 2-3 times per week. I also take aerial straps and trapeze classes so I get quite a bit of activity in outside of foundation.