Planche training check

Started by Aidan Bentham, December 24, 2015 · 4 Replies · 1,319 Views

Aidan Bentham

Hey guys. I've been training planche on and off for the past year and calisthenics for the past year and a bit, but recently I have been taking it seriously. I have been working on my advanced tuck and I have two videos waiting for you guys to watch.

One of the videos is of me doing a tuck planche and the other of the advanced tuck planche for the best I could do. (Note these videos were taken on different days, advanced tuck first then the tuck).

In order for me to know if I am training effectively and not moving ahead too quick I wanted you to judge the videos and tell me where I should go, if I need to step back and focus on my tuck etc.

For anyone who's concerned I'm 5 ft 7 and weigh 65kg. I train every day, sometimes in a solid hour or so and other tines i use the grease the groove approach. I can perform a tuck but maybe it's not strong enough. Perhaps you guys could help. Many thanks from me and merry Christmas to you all.

P.S. I'm not sure how you upload the videos so could someone help me with that too? Thanks very much. :-)

Pafke

Just post a link and you will see. :D ... Training planche every day is not the smartest thing to do.

Aidan Bentham

https://youtu.be/FHcHXxCDbPI

Here it is. I just merged the videos into 1 and popped it on my YT account. The tuck planche was weaker as I was fatigued but I've held a solid one for 15 seconds. I've never hand any wrists troubles with training.

Pafke

First second hold of first tuck planche in video is solid later you lose protraction. You have correct shoulder position when you lean but as you lift your legs you start to lose it. I would say that tuck planche is still to advanced for you and you should concentrate on planche leans. If possible get a mirror and place it next to you while you do planche training so you can see what your doing and correct what is wrong right away. :)

Alessandro Mainente

In the tuck version the protraction is at minimum, for sure not the necessary to consider it mastered. the adv tuck planche is wrong. hips extension should be reached with rounded back not arched.