This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1

Started by Matthew Berghella, December 23, 2015 · 7 Replies · 149 Views

Matthew Berghella

I feel like I'm close to moving on for this one.  Perhaps my iM needs more depth?

 

 

Alessandro Pantanella

Good job, I think there are few improvements you can make:

PE: make sure you're not using momentum when swinging the hands. Try to control the movement more, now it looks like you're bouncing a bit. Try to keep the top position for half second before descending. Also control legs more, don't let them drop.

 

im: Agree, need more depth, also check your feet position. The foot on the side of the weight should be straight, the other one point sideways. Also you're compensating lack of mobility moving the hips around. Try to use higher weight and see if that helps. Also don't be afraid to spend a second at the bottom and let the muscles get used to that position, your body needs to learn that is safe.

 

Hope that helps

Matthew Berghella

Thanks Alessandro, I'll do another cycle and work on these things.

Matthew Berghella

I feel like my form has improved for the strength element, ie more control

 

For the iM I have been sitting longer at the bottom of the movement trying to go deeper as the sets progress but maybe I still need to go lower  

 

 

Matthew Berghella

Bump

Alessandro Pantanella

Nice improvement especially the im.

If you decide to move to next progression make sure to match the tempo of the athlete in the video and use less momentum.

I'd keep this im in the warmup to make sure to address the mobility issues.

Good luck

Ryan Reynolds

I think you've assessed yourself correctly Matthew, PE looks solid but you need a bit more range on the IM.

Matthew Berghella

Thanks guys, will do another micro cycle and then reassess.