This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2

Started by PrimalMove, December 22, 2015 · 2 Replies · 153 Views

PrimalMove

Hey all. Im currently working on the push-ups, but I have a few questions. I've managed to complete the mastery before, but I never locked out my elbows at the top or kept full protraction during the movement. After attempting HBP-pe3, and failing to even complete one cycle, I need this lockout and can't cheat it.

 

So, what I'm asking is, why i the lockout completion so much more difficult? From what I can tell, it feels like the pushups are no longer in my chest( this is with lockout and protraction), but now in my shoulders, triceps, and connecting joints. It also feels like it isn't the actual muscles fatiguing, but the joint integrity. Does this mean I am actually doing them right now with the more hollow body position? 

 

Also it feels like the more I protract, the more I elevate stimulating my traps. Is this also natural until you start leaning more? I've noticed trying the leans out, I can keep my shoulders protracted and "packed."

Rayne-William

1. Yes, you are now doing them correctly. At least the way they need to be done for other aspects of the Gymnasticbodies curriculum. 

2. Yes, the higher you protract your scapula the more you work your trapezius muscles.

 

We all need to realize most of our upper body pushing/pressing strength is in our back and triceps not in our chest.

PrimalMove
Rayne-William said:

1. Yes, you are now doing them correctly. At least the way they need to be done for other aspects of the Gymnasticbodies curriculum. 

2. Yes, the higher you protract your scapula the more you work your trapezius muscles.

 

We all need to realize most of our upper body pushing/pressing strength is in our back and triceps not in our chest.

 

 

Thank you for the reply. I'll keep working on it.