Hi all,
Just a quick mid point check on my form progress - as always any pointers would be very gratefully received
Merry Christmas!
Btw: the im is with a 5kg training bar - thought I'd better get the movement right first before adding weight...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mike_B, December 22, 2015 · 6 Replies · 90 Views
Hi all,
Just a quick mid point check on my form progress - as always any pointers would be very gratefully received
Merry Christmas!
Btw: the im is with a 5kg training bar - thought I'd better get the movement right first before adding weight...
On the PE, focus on keeping that core tight, on PPT, and don't forget to point your toes.
On the iM, rewatch the course video, and review some of the iM1 videos here in the form checks forum, paying close attention to the pointers given by experienced members. Zach's advice I've found very helpful here. It looks like you're going part way through a dislocate, which is not the idea here. This iM is about flexion. You're leaning way too far forward and bringing your arms way too far back.
Have you mastered iM1 correctly? If you have you shouldn't need to start with such a wide grip here. This is the exact same position as the first iM, only with reps instead of static.
Thanks for the advice, and apologies for the poor quality of the iM in the second video - clearly got the grip wrong, that'll teach me not to re-check the video regularly (I think I got it crossed in my head after doing some snatch mobility in between, hence the widest grip possible).
I'll retest iM1 to be safe as you suggest, then I'll try and post a better video.
By the look of your initial position I would say you have mastered iM1 (assuming your width is correct, which is difficult to see from the angle). Just rewatch the video again and try to focus only on Shoulder Flexion.
Thanks for the advice - I've gone back to the iM after rewatching the video - any advice on updated technique would be great ![]()
Use neutral wrists position, avoiding too much extension.
My impression is that you are starting shoulders rotation through dislocation. the movement should be restricted to overhead flexion.
thanks Alessandro - so there should be no external rotation of the shoulder? When I looked on the video I saw what I thought was internal rotation, but you are saying that this is caused only by the movement of the bar overhead? At the moment I am rotating the shoulders as I push my head through - so I should only focus on the movement overhead?